Monday, March 19, 2007

Progress...of a sort.

Some of you may recall that I signed up for Stashalong on January 1st. Well. It has been nearly 3 months and here is how far I have gotten.

1)Sizzle: DONE - even though it didn't fit : -(

2) Anemoi Mitts: 1 DONE

3) Baby Blanket: No progress

4) Shae's Darling coat: DONE

** 5) My stinkin' Noro hat already - Since the weather has changed I am going to switch this winter project out with 4 dishcloths: 2 DONE

6) Severus Snape Socks: 1 DONE

7) Mary Janes: DONE

8) Absorba the Great: DONE

9) The felted Oregon Tote that kickstarted my knitting frenzy 4 (I think) years ago: Felting as I write!! so...DONE

**10) The project that started the Blog: The Ravenclaw Raglan. WILL NOT BE FINISHED - does not even begin to fit so I will choose a different UFO
I am going to switch this out with socks 3 pairs as I have a LOT of sock yarn: 1 out of 6 DONE
(this might seem like an uneven switch - but actually the only thing left to do on the RRaglan was to attach the sleeves and knit the shoulders/neckline - total bummer)

11) Bejewelled: No progress

12) Purple Roving Scarf: DONE

13) Le Slouch: DONE

14) Uniscarfity: DONE

15) Surprise Baby Gift: 1/3 done


I have 1 strike at this time - which is fairly impressive for me!
I think this has been a great excercise in self-restraint for me...but I am not sure if it is something I want to do again!
Next time I am going to choose a method that allows me some free shopping days. This has been much more difficult than I anticipated - but has saved me money!
:-D

As it stands I have: 1 mitt, 1 baby blanket, 2 dishcloths, 6 individual socks, 1 scarf and 1 baby gift to go.
Or: 10 items before I can buy some yarn.
Aaaarrrghhh. Just when I thought I was close to home free!

The socks will be perfect for PS2 since I had decided that I would dye sock yarn in each sections colours. Now I just have to get back into my socks. Shouldn't be too hard.


ETA: Friends of another knitblogger lost their child in an accident last week. If you would like to help make a square for a comfort blanket please visit YarnIt.

Labels: , , , ,

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 7:16 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Wow - you're really cranking through! You can do it!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:13 PM #
 

You're making great progress!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:30 PM #
 

Wow! That's a lot of knitting over two and a half months!

I've discovered that selecting the yarn from my stash that I need extra balls of in order to make the project I have in mind is a great way to get a small yarn-buying fix.

Posted by Blogger chocolatetrudi @ 3:14 PM #
 

You are looking mighty impressive Miss Scarlett - that's some serious knitting!

BTW even though I clearly have been out of touch, the new look of your blog looks really excellent!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 1:35 PM #
 

I have to publicly thank you for posting info on your blog for the comfort blanket. This unity of bloggers continues to amaze me! Thanks soooo much.

Posted by Blogger Lara @ 2:08 PM #
 

You've done quite a bit in just 3 mo! I admire your resolve. I don't even attempt to refrain from buying yarn!

Posted by Blogger yarnmaniac @ 8:03 PM #
 

Wow, you've been busy, that's for sure - and I'm absolutely impressed by how organized you are! Amazing!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 8:29 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Progress...of a sort.