Thursday, September 28, 2006

10 Knittery Things About Me

1. I knit 'backwards' according to my Mom
2. I never stick to a pattern
3. I frequently forget simple things like ribbing: once you get to the next row do you begin with a purl or a knit?
4. I have only once used the recommended yarn for a pattern - it seems to be working out just fine
5. I have begun more projects than I can count
6. I knit slooooowly
7. I don't like to share my yarn
8. I like buying yarn for other people
9. I have never made anything lacey
10. I think most Fair Isle is just ugly

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 2:19 PM

Read or Post a Comment

i rarely use the recommended yarn either, usually because i'm a cheapskate.

Posted by Blogger carrie @ 7:26 PM #
 

It's always fun to learn more details about new friends... I'm with Carrie, but I prefer to be called "frugal" :0)

Hope you're feeling better, I spent most of yesterday huddled under my blanket hoping this whole flu thing passes quickly.

Posted by Blogger Charity @ 12:31 PM #
 

You think fair isle is ugly? Well, I can finally be honest then. I sent the instructional video because you said in your questionnaire that you were interested in the technique. I won that video as a door prize at a fair but never opened it because I think fairisle is often ugly too! Hee hee.

Posted by Blogger Yvette @ 7:10 PM #
 

Yvette! That is so funny.
I do want to know how to do it - but mostly I think Fair Isle goes too far. Like a whole sweater of it?
Or wrapped around my giant head?
I am totally intrigued by working with the many colours - I just wouldn't necessarily like the end product.
Does that make any sense?
I am relieved to know you did not pay a lot of money for the video - because I haven't opened it either!
I might. I did just see a very nice mitten set that used the technique...

Posted by Blogger Miss Scarlett @ 1:47 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: 10 Knittery Things About Me