Sunday, August 27, 2006

Book Meme

Book Meme?! How fun.

1. One book that changed your life: Child of The Morning - the fictional biographical tale of the only female Pharoah to rule Egypt, Hatshepsut.

2. One book that you've read more than once: Little Women, Gone With the Wind & The Hobbit are yearly reads for me.

3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: That would have to be the Complete Works of Shakespeare for sheer variety and total indulgence.

4. One book that made you laugh: The Van by Roddy Doyle. "My man Phantom of the Opera." for starters.

5. One book that made you cry: Just one? Oh I have to think about this one... Deep End of the Ocean.

6. One book you wish you had written: Since I haven't written any books this list could be limitless.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Really? How about I wish I had never READ? That would be American Psycho. That book made me ill. I read it on purpose because there was such a cry for censorship around it. I nearly, nearly considered that censorship may have a place in society afterall after reading it. When I found out my little brother read it I nearly cried - luckily he found it upsetting and a great conversation ensued. So censorship be damned - and this question sounded like a case for censorship (unless I am taking the meme too seriously and God knows that can happen).

8. One book you're currently reading: The Scarlet Pimpernel - I'm finding it so-so thus far.

9. One book you have been meaning to read: Moby Dick - for like ever.

10. Tag!!

Labels: ,

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 6:24 PM

Read or Post a Comment

cool meme! I'm going to have to do this one soon...

Posted by Blogger Elizabeth @ 7:39 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Book Meme