Thursday, March 29, 2007

Lucky Me!

This arrived for me in the mail today!


I won a contest at Jessalu's blog and this was the generous prize package I received. My very first skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in a fabulous purple, blue and red colourway - hmmm all the colours of royalty... Some truly yummy treats and a great card with yarn and a kitty in the picture. Thank you Jess - you are too kind!

Seems the Spring pics just don't stop around here - these are from our walk this evening.


Oh, and the Hummingbirds are here!!

I know I am a strange one - I love, love, LOVE the smell of Skunk Cabbage. If I could find away to grow it in my backyard I truly would. Fortunately for me, it grows all over town. Ahhh.




ETA: Ummm yeah. The stripe is GREEN not blue. What am I? colourblind??

And it is also Poetry Thursday so here is one of my favourite poems to share with children. The fun language! Runcible spoon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Owl and the Pussy Cat
by Edward Lear

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five-pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
"O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!"

Pussy said to the Owl, "You elegant fowl!
How charmingly sweet you sing!
O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?"
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the Bong-tree grows,
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood,
With a ring at the end of his nose,
His nose,
His nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.

"Dear Pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
Your ring?" Said the Piggy, "I will."
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon,
The moon,
The moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.

Labels: , , ,

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 8:22 PM

Read or Post a Comment

What a great package, I love Skybars! You always take such beutiful photos, thanks for sharing.

Posted by Blogger KeanaLee @ 6:54 AM #
 

Awesome package! Lucky girl.

Pretty spring. I don't mind the smell of skunk cabbage, but I wouldn't plant it in my yard. It is pretty though.

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:18 AM #
 

I am so happy it made it to you unscathed and unmolested ;o) Glad you like everything!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:16 PM #
 

You are a lucky gal...what a great prize package to receive!!! Enjoy it all.

Love the pictures of spring!!

Posted by Blogger Alisha @ 4:00 PM #
 

Great Package, the Cherry tree hill is so pretty.

Posted by Blogger Tammy @ 8:47 PM #
 

Wow- great package- lucky girl!
PS- Dear Kira- Those sniffs and smells are what I want. I love to go walking around, discovering spring things. Let's make our "handlers" get together some day and we can get to run together. Uh- what does it mean when they say "But you live in a different place entirely"?
Slurps-
Bear

Posted by Blogger Deb @ 6:30 AM #
 

I've always loved the Owl and the Pussycat. Great package. I heart those fruit slices and Cherry Tree Hill! I bought myself my first skein recently and I just love looking at it. lol

Posted by Blogger yarnmaniac @ 7:46 AM #
 

What a great package you received - the yarn is to die for! Thanks so much for posting that awesome poem as well as the beautiful spring pics - you know, I for one can't get enough of spring pics, so please, keep them coming! ;)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 1:02 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Lucky Me!