Thursday, January 18, 2007

I can Blog again!

Now if only I didn't have to breathe through my mouth...

I hope to post some progress pics tomorrow from my night of television knitting. Thank goodness I got that knit-a-thon in while I could - I haven't been able to knit, read, or watch tv for 3 days. Stunning isn't it? A head cold the beautiful doctor informed me. Ah, yes. Of course. Not humiliating enough to look as haggard as possible, I must also appear to be an imbecile who doesn't recognize the symptoms of the common cold. Seriously though - I could have sworn it was something much worse. I have been sleeping for 3 days and you should see the bags under my eyes - why is that? (Also - this used to be a 3 doctor kind of town and this is about the 4th time I have caved into going to the Walk In Clinic only to be seen by a young, incredibly handsome doctor I have never met before. What the??! The cruelty of it.)

If we are lucky, the recipient of the Anemoi Mittens will be here for a fitting tomorrow. Right now it is snowing and she does live at the top of a rather treacherous hill...so we might have to wait a day or two.

Until then here are some more things my Mother has made - one day I will break down and help her set up her own Blog! But isn't this just easier?

She created a bank for our Preschool's Coin Drive to help Restore Stanley Park - cleverly using some of our own downed tree bits from the windstorm and windswept lettering.




And somehow I failed to post a pic of the Cookie Monster Style Tea Cozy she made over the holidays. I have really appreciated how long it keeps the tea hot these last few days. It is amazing how restorative a diet of tea and popsicles can be!


And here you have this incredible yarn from Yarn Rescue, ordered mere days before the start of Stashalong.

As I opened the package my fever addled brain said "Oh no! I ordered Roving." and I nearly teared up. Fortunately logic is making a return and I thought, wait. look again. before dissolving in tears. The things exhaustion can do to you! Exhaustion after 3 days of sleep yet?!

Had it been roving I would have had to send it off as a reward. Sadly, it is yarn and I will be forced to knit something gorgeous and utterly selfish from it. It will be difficult I am sure. Somehow I will have to do it. I will not be able to wait until it is appropriate for Project Spectrum 2 however - that is too much willpower.

If you haven't visited the Yarn Rescue shop you need to go there.
Feathers. They have feathers woven into the yarn. Or is it spun into the yarn?

Earlier I mentioned not being able to read. I FINALLY received my Barnes and Noble shipment with the next 2 months of
Knit The Classics selections. Why, why does this months choice have to be over 600 pages long?! I despair of catching up.

Labels: ,

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 12:31 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Gosh, a head cold is something so very painful - I'm sending lots and lots of positive vibes and thoughts over across the ocean, hope you'll be feeling much better soon!
Your Mom is doing some seriously beautiful work - what a great idea it'd be to really set up a blog for her to share her work with us! Yay for that!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 12:03 AM #
 

Dang girl, I had no idea you were this sick. I am so sorry and hope you recover soon! My daughter had this too, recovering but sounding hoarse still. Nothing like having to see a goodlooking doc when you you feel like heck:)

Posted by Blogger KnitPastis @ 2:08 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: I can Blog again!