Saturday, December 16, 2006

PHEW!!!

Can you guess what this is?

Answer at end of post.


Ahhh. It finally came to me. The camera was at my Aunt's house. Thank goodness because we had exhausted every last crook and crevice in this house and the car. I even looked at work - duh duh dunnnnhhhh. That is a job and a half, let me tell you.

Here is an example of the vibrancy that is Cotillion:

When I saw how very flamingo/electric pink this yarn is I thought it would be perfect for my other Aunt (pictured at left). And then once the sock was begun I suddenly thought "Does she wear socks?" I have asked about 5 family members and none of us can remember seeing her in socks. Don't get me wrong - she is not some sort of animal, or preternaturally hot being - she simply wears high heels and bejewelled sandals at ALL times. I wonder what she did when it was snowing in Vancouver?

I am still going to knit the socks and see what to do with them when they are
complete.

It feels so durned good to have a camera again. I was really feeling out of sorts with my pictureless blog. (Pssst - if you think you might have the answer to my plaguing questions, post a comment...Richard!! You cheeky rogue!)

It was a macro of Luc's Bubble Kimono.



Finally on the home stretch with this thing. Garter stitch is torturously slow progress. Honestly, I WOULD rather watch paint dry. This little sweater has felt interminable.

Labels: ,

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 3:21 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Oh, so glad that you found your camera again - and the macro looks amazing, as amazing as the kimono actually - what a beautiful pattern!
Your auntie seems to be such a fun lady - I'm sure she'd love socks in these funky colours, and hey - I'd say in Canadian winters she just HAS to wear socks ;)

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 11:55 PM #
 

Congrats on the camera finding.
I've tagged you on my blog for yet another meme.

Posted by Blogger Yvette @ 8:26 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: PHEW!!!