Friday, October 06, 2006

Socktoberfest!!

When did you start making socks?
I started making socks in May of this year.
Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
I taught myself through trial and error with a book and an online tutorial on grafting toes.
What was your first pair?
My first pair is an adapted version of Sunrise Sunset socks in BGK's.
How have they "held up" over time?
Ummmm I still have one toe to graft so...they are holding up just fine!!
What would you have done differently?
I would have read the pattern more carefully so that they are not an 'adapted' version.
What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
So far the 100% wool hand-dyed - the wool I used for Sock Wars was a little scritchy (sorry target!)
Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I have only used DPN's but am not averse to learning new methods.
Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
Both patterns used the heel flap so...I have much to learn!
How many pairs have you made?
If you count the one with an ungrafted toe, I have made 2 pairs.
I do, however, have wool for about 8 more pairs! And I haven't really even decided if I like making socks?!!
Only because they take me so long.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 8:23 AM

Read or Post a Comment

The more socks you knit the faster you will get. They are addicting!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ 10:48 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Socktoberfest!!