Friday, October 06, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am using an Aplaca Silk blend in one of my projects and it is so luxe! I seem to have become a bit of a fibre snob lately. I don't like 100% Acrylic but I can handle blends.
Oh - someone sent me a 80% Cotton 20% Wool blend that was sumptuous - It was Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. Delightful stuff.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A variety of places - handsewn cases, $1 Store wine containers, purses, baskets, the floor...

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was 8 - I learned the hard way - a book from the 50's! Then my Nana taught me the basics. I think I am somewhere inbetween beginner and intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No - but once again, what a great idea...

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Licorice, citrus, rosemary - mostly fresh not so much flowery.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Does wool felt? Yep I got the sweet tooth something fierce. Anything chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do not spin - though it is starting to look like a lot of fun to me.
I scrapbook, garden, dabble in do-it-yourself woodworking projects, paint.

What hobbies have you abandoned for knitting is what this question's essence is for me!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like many, many kinds of music BUT I abhor country (with the exceptions of the Dixie Chicks, The Judds and sometimes Dwight Yoakam - go figure!)
All of my music technology can play home made CD's and thank goodness for that.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Ummm I keep trying to stray from my favourite colour which is blue - so I went to pink, purple and now kind of lilac - not really venturing too far. I don't really have any green...
The only colour I think can be difficult is yellow - other than that I am pretty accepting.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I am single with an extensive closeknit family of cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces etc. etc.
I have 3 cats and a dog, Kira is my baby!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I have been known to wear all of the above - and lately it has been chilly here in the morning so I may be wearing some of those things quite soon.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Oh, that really varies. I think dishcloths at the moment and socks.
I also love to make things for little people - they are so quick to make.
Noticing a theme here??

13. What are you knitting right now?
Maybe see my progress bars - I always have a few things on the go.
I also constantly fight the urge to start something new.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Certainly!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer wooden needles. I have all kinds.
SPECIAL NOTE: I tried bamboo sock needles and I snapped them like toothpicks!
I apparently knit with the strength of a brute!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Well...I think the oldest will be one year next month - but there could be something older lurking about that I have utterly forgotten.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Any - as long as I get to lounge in my PJ's and eat great food.
I don't celebrate traditional holidays so no need to send Halloween or X-Mas things my way!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Hmmmm...books, yarn, flower pots,

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do want to try this Euroflax Linen yarn I keep hearing about...
I remember a little felted birdhouse pattern at FibreTrends I think.
Knitting Nature. Knit Fix. Bacchus in the Bath Collection. Log Cabin Throw. Yipes I better stop looking!!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not that I can think of...

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Ummm I wear a US8 Ladies. A bit wide on the top of my foot and narrow ankles.

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 9:38 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Thanks for posting your questionnaire!! I am looking forward to a great SP9!

Posted by Blogger Shelby @ 4:03 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire