Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Spoken too Soon

Was that me just the other day that said Sizzle was simple? Did I say that I didn't even have to look at my work?

Well. Was I wrong!

So on the Back (which is where I still am) the instructions told me to bind off 6 sts at the start of the following 2 rows for the armhole shaping. Done. Then decrease 1 st for the next 9 rows (quoting loosely). Done. As I was measuring the length I would like the armhole to be and I glanced at the pattern and was like "what the?! do I have double vision?!!"
The pattern says: Bind off 6 sts at the start of the following 2 rows. Bind off 6 sts at the start of the following 2 rows. Decrease 1 st ... Later in brackets it has the total # of sts decreased as 21.

Yep. You got it. I was supposed to bind off 6 sts at the start of 4 rows basically - for a total of 12 sts at each armhole. Only then would you get 21 sts decreased for each armhole.

Yeah. So after a brief dip into the frog pond I resumed Sizzle. Sort of the crafters version of measure twice cut once. I should really read the instruction more fully - I do tend to scan them.


AND then when I frogged I did not sensibly frog directly onto the ball of wool. No, no. I just ripped and let the yarn lay. Which means that for 20 minutes I looked a little something like this:



Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 7:08 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Spoken too Soon