Sunday, September 03, 2006

Long wekends

Lately long weekends have been used to spend the day in my jammies knitting and watching movies.

I thought I would shake things up a little and listen to a novel instead (since I could barely tolerate the one I was reading). So I began War & Peace this afternoon. I am really enjoying it so far - though on tape it is a little harder to keep track of the many characters, since I can't flip back a page or two, and some of the voices are hard to distinguish as yet. The one drawback I found was that I became quite drowsy knitting in the afternoon heat and listening to the courtiers discuss marriage and war.

I only managed one of ten tapes - I think that even the audio version of War & Peace is going to take awhile to finish! Bring on the long weekends!

Here is a current pic of Sizzle - perfect knitting for watching tv - I don't even have to look at my work - this is a great pattern.


** PS. I have to post that I am really so sad about Steve Irwin. Not so much because of his work but because he was such a dedicated father and husband. No, I totally thought he should not be feeding crocs while holding his infant - but I do not think he showed the best judgement when it came to wild animals - he loved and trusted them like humans. Which only heightens the connection I felt between the Crocodile Hunter's achievements and what the Grizzly Man aspired to be. Both of these men felt an overwhelming kinship to the animals they loved - but that is where the similarities would have ended were it not for their tragic deaths being so alike.

If you ever want to stimulate some rousing discussion - watch Grizzly Man. It is a compelling documentary about a truly complex man whose choices lead to tragedy. What did he accomplish? Each person has a different answer I think.

Also - it has some sadly funny moments as this man and some of his 'friends' are a little more than eccentric. But I have a rather perverse sense of humour.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:53 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Long wekends