Monday, September 04, 2006

Centre Gardening






We have an Open House coming up next weekend so I thought I had better get in there and fill in our flower boxes.

Heather and I worked every 2nd Friday off this summer - which was great for our nervous systems but not so good for the flowers. It is hard to motivate yourself to drive all the way in to water plants on your day off.

Here are the flowers and vines that I planted with our Kinders in June. The ones that have made it through our exceptionally dry summer and our spotty watering schedule.

Now we have fish too so I have to go in on Long weekends at least once. Kira always accompanies me. She is fast running out of chances to go to work with me. When the Preschool is open she has to wait until the afternoons to come in. Too distracting for the 3 yr olds! Also - she needs as much attention from me as a 3 yr old so - too distracting for me as well.


Hey - don't you love that line of green grass along the edge of the dead grass?

I have noticed that in pics I seem to enjoy the mountains more than in life. In life I am often too busy to really look at them.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 10:43 AM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Centre Gardening