Thursday, August 03, 2006

Where have I been?!??

There was a questionaire we were supposed to post?
Sorry I took so long to clue in.

Here goes:

1) What is your favorite season of the year? Oh that is tricky for me. Spring - because everything is coming to life and each day is like a treasure hunt. Closely tied with Fall - because of the changing colours and the woodsmoke in the air and the crunch of frost and the cosy, cosy book reading.

2) Where is your favorite vacation spot? Oh Salt Spring Island most definitely. It even beats out cruising - I bet that would surprise most of my family! LOL Salt Spring has everything I could ever want - I can't even think about it or I am going to be sad.

3) If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? Egypt. Valley of the Kings. Hatshepsut's temple!! Karnak. Thebes. If I could only convince someone to go with me to that war torn region where tourists are shot at...why can't I??

4) If you could pick any job, and be paid well, what would it be? Oh no. I can't. Oh wait : Professional book reader. NOT critic - no writing involved, unless it is voluntary. Just a person who makes writers happy because someone is reading their book - and I get to be at home with my dog, my garden, my family and my knitting. Are you sure that is not a job?

5) If you were going on vacation for 1 week, and had to take ONLY one project with you, what would it be? Oh lord. At the moment - my Laura T - it is long enough but changing enough that I wouldn't finish it or get too bored.

6) If you won a shopping spree to your favorite Yarn shop, what would you get?? Yipes! Lots of cotton fleece - my SP sent me some and I am in LOVE - I used it all up already. It is soooo soft and so practical. I have a vision of creating myself and everyone I know the must luxe bathing cloths...why did I make dish cloths? All the better to shop for my pretty...
I would go project mad. I would consult my mental list of patterns and snatch up the yummiest yarn possible to make them all. Then I would get nutty picking up things for my Mom & my Aunts. Notice they come pretty late in the list? Coincidence? I think not. I am a selfish, selfish brat.

These questionaires are such fun! This whole process is wonderful - I am enjoying this immensely. I want badly to go shopping for my pal again...and I already have things for her. I love to surprise people with things that they love so Secret Pal is just the thing.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 1:14 AM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Where have I been?!??