Saturday, August 05, 2006

There will never be a day

when I won't think of youuuu!
I liked this pic of my program - ghostly isn't it?
I went to Phantom with my good friend the other night.
It was spectacular!! And we had the understudy as Phantom too.
It was her first time seeing it performed live so I was thrilled that it was so fabulous.

I have seen the Phantom more than once. It is my favourite musical - well, as a child Showboat was my favourite musical. I still sing a mean Old Man River when the mood strikes. I even taught myself to play After the Ball on the piano as a kid.

Actually some of my fondest memories are of my extended family watching old school Hollywood musicals in my Grandparents living room. Ohhhh I just remembered that my Uncle is waiting for me to drop our copy of the Music Man off...nicely done Michelle. We got trouble with a capital 'T'. I have not been able to remember anything all week.

Tell me I am not wickedly selfish but we are supposed to be taking our kids (work) camping next week and the weather forecast is calling for rain AND I am actually hoping it will rain and we can cancel. We have just had 2x the number of kids sign up than we were expecting. Ah well.
Maybe I should teach them some musical numbers around the campfire. They should totally love that! Quite a few of them saw the movie version of Phantom and said the same thing I did...ummm that Phantom was BEAUTIFUL! No need for him to hide behind a mask - until partway through the show when his hair turned white, thin and stuck straight up. BIZARRE.

I cannot post any pics of my current knitting as they are intended as gifts...perhaps after they are sent out.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 9:42 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: There will never be a day