Monday, August 14, 2006

Success!




SS Socky III is half done!
That is to say....
I have made my first ever sock!

Many, many times I thought it would never end.
I am nearly in disbelief.
Now the thing is to begin again.
Perhaps knitting the sock the proper way...

No I don't think so.
I am going to knit the 2nd sock and then go back and fix the 1st.
You can see by the pics that it has a somewhat bulbous shape near the ankle.
Umm, uh-yeah. Apparently I am not quite as good at reading recipes as I thought I was.
I totally neglected to follow decreases with a plain knitting round.
So all of my decreases happened one after the other.
Which creates a lumpy stump of a sock. Such as the one pictured above.

Nonetheless I am quite pleased by my very first sock.
So much so that I might just go straight to bed and NOT finish watching the 3rd Matrix.
It took 2 Matrix's and 40 minutes of the 3rd to finsh SS Socky III.
How long til he has a mate?
You could ask the Oracle - if she wasn't deleted.

Labels: ,

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:36 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Success!