Tuesday, August 01, 2006

"Mr.Antony?...



We have a problem!"

Ummm something dreadful has happened with my sock.
Sigh.
Which is sad because the actual foot part fits really, really well.
It is super comfy.

But the cuff - is looooooooose. And there is a big lump at the back. And it is at the wrong part of my leg. Total bummer.

I decreased way too fast. When I re-read the pattern I see that I was supposed to have rows in between that I somehow did not notice - rows that would have added about 3 " of leg to the socks.

I was going to ask for advice but on looking at the pictures I think. Scrap. It is time to frog the poor thing.

Well. Not tonight but perhaps tomorrow morning.

The title is a qoute from my favourite old-timey cartoon days. I say it whenever something is going wrong! Do you remember that one?

Update: Haven't slept keep thinking about this problem. Have any of you ever ripped from the other end of an item and then re-knit? I am thinking of finishing this then tearing back the top and re-knitting - it might be easier than starting over...then again it might not work. It seems like it will...

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 12:33 AM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: "Mr.Antony?...