Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I really have been knitting!



But mostly I can't show it here because I have to mail it out to my SP & OS Pal.

In the end I decided to fix the 1st SS Socky III. I just couldn't stand that loose, loose and lumpy sock. Even with a whopping 26 stitch decrease the cuff still gapes at the back - but it doesn't fall down so...there you have it.

I also made a Garterlac Dishcloth. For the first time in my life I wish I had used a striped yarn - I know. I mostly would hate to see the kind of sock I just made, and I would never in a million years buy a sock with such a pattern, but since it is handmade and it feels so good on - I am a total convert. AND when you see this pattern done in a stripe - you will know I should have used a varieagated yarn.

Perhaps next time...

Speaking of firsts - Previously I was a person who disdained handknit/crochet dishcloths. Now I love them and bought 6 more balls of cotton (and yep, they are stripey) so that I can make a collection. I want to replace all of the storebought cloths in our kitchen drawer. I am even thinking of making luxurious cloths for bath use.

What next? you ask. I really don't know.

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 9:06 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Hi, although not a member, I saw your post on the Dishcloth Fun KAL... i have the same problem with you trying to make the first square. After knitting 7 sts, there is only 1 sts and I am not sure how to SKP? Could you tell me what you did? Am sooo frustrated....i am trying to finish these cloths for the discloth exchange....
Many thanks

Posted by Blogger pinky-yin @ 4:48 PM #
 

THanks for your post on my blog... i have worked out what my problem is.... with some help ... i was too afraid to knit into the next set of stitches... how silly.... :P
thanks for your time anyway... :)

Posted by Blogger pinky-yin @ 8:10 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: I really have been knitting!