Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lazy Weekend?!?





After reading Jessica's post about Wishing I thought I had better take advantage of the fact that I have the house to myself and finally paint my bedroom.

God - I forgot how much work the prep is. Of course if I was even marginally organized it would have taken very little time to remove pictures and cover furniture. Alas, I cannot even remember the last time I got a chance to put clothes away, reshelve books or dust - YIPES!

So it took me quite a while to clean out the bedroom, vaccuum, dust and then tape in preparation to prime the room.That's me after prepping the room. Realizing a little too late that this is a hell of a big job!


Yeah. I have to prime it first. Which means I will be painting at least 4 times before tomorrow night.I have no one but myself to blame. I am the one who wanted a Navy Blue bedroom. After 5 years I changed my mind. That is not so bad really.


When I pried the lid off the primer - look at the stunning colour I was met with! Then I started thinking of new colours I'd like to try if I was braver - that hot pink is tempting - but where on earth would I use it?

Well. I have one coat of primer finished and now I am waiting for it to dry. Great time to blog! ;-) But it's a good thing I went for a primer don't you think? That blue is still making itself known fairly strongly.

If I have not collapsed after painting I will post the results.

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 9:31 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Lazy Weekend?!?