Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fleecey Goodness



Mmmm. This yarn is so soft! I cannot
wait to try it out washing some dishes.

The cotton fleece was a gift from my
lovely S8Pal. It is blue and oh so
yummy!

My mother made the diamond dishcloth and I have begun a dishcloth from the Mason Dixon book. {Despite my Kool Aid dyed socks I really hate multicoloured projects - so I have opted to make the dishcloth in blue only.} I seriously like these dishclothes. But when I was a teenager my Mom had a friend
who crocheted us a batch of
dishclothes and I hated them.
I thought it was disgusting to use them. Go figure!

Now I want everything to be handmade - handmade by me is even better.
I am half done Absorba the Great. I should have 3 dishclothes by Weds. and I have been looking at those linen hand towels in MDK...I haven't yet knit with linen...

Oooh. I learned something new today: YF & YB. I had my Mom explain it to me but she thought it meant YO. The pattern was not working out at all when I did it her way. SO I was able to figure out that YF & YB are just ways to wrap around a slipped stitch to carry it multiple rows. That was a fun little moment.

I am trying desperately to keep myself away from KnitPicks, KPixie & E-Bay. Lately I have gone utterly overboard ordering knitting and sewing patterns online. Mon dieu! Will I never learn?

Also I had to buy a Skein of gorgeous wool for the One Skein Exchange and I just happened to buy about 12 balls of Ecowool @ $2 per ball. Curse my LYS! They have the sale section outside at the door and to the immediate left of their doorway. So you have no choice but to see the wares marked to clear.

Nearly time to get to work on my OSE gift. Perhaps next post.

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 1:47 AM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Fleecey Goodness