Saturday, June 24, 2006

Team Surf 'n Sass (SSCSS)






Wow. What a fabulous event!
I don't think I can even put into words what a great time I had last night.
My co-workers and I, from Managers to assistants, took part in the 12 hour
Relay for Life.
It was beautiful. There was such a fun, family atmosphere. This is a fairly small
town still so I knew a lot of the other participants.There were a lot of our
families from the Preschool there. Tons of local businesses and their employees.

It was very well organized. Everything was a pleasure. Well, with the exception of some
crazed aerobics instructor whose mike was waaaay too loud at 5:18 AM. She shouted me
out of a dead sleep and into a panic in about 3 seconds! I thought it was closing ceremonies
and I leapt up and started packing up my bed. I didn't need to be on the track until 6!
We did have a lot of laughs at her expense though, so there's that.


In the photos you can see 2 of our team mates taking part in the Survivor Lap.

Our Team Captain and her little girl. The tiniest Hula Dancer. She had a coconut bra too, but she wouldn't keep it on. Total toddler!

I tried to take a picture during the Lap of Silence. It was such a moving sight. Hundreds of people walking in total silence through the dark with candles to honour all those who have bravely fought against cancer.

There too you can see half of our team. We clearly had a Hawaiian theme. Next year we are going to be Runaway Brides! Isn't that great? I cannot wait to find the perfect gaudy wedding dress. It is going to be a riot. The idea began as a Grad ceremony and from ball gowns we naturally thought of wedding gowns. It is going to be great fun.

The Relay for Life is certainly going to be an annual event for me. One that I am honoured to participate in.

Last nights event raised $92,400.10 for Cancer Research!!

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 2:40 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Team Surf 'n Sass (SSCSS)