Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Laura Tee


Here is my Laura Tee. I am about to place stitches on a holder for the left sleeve.
This is a lovely top to knit. It is the first time I am using hemp.
I think I like it. At first I was uncomfortable with the rough, stringy feel of it but after it has been worked just a little it feels quite soft and it holds its shape very well.
In fact in a moment of near panic I realized that I had absentmindedly continued to purl a row with a double pointed needle.
Uh a-yeah. So the stitches were just slipping off the other end of the needle. BUT the brilliant thing was that they did not shift or stretch or pull and I just slid the proper needle into them without disturbing the integrity of the stitches. Then I breathed again.
This tee also seems to be working up quickly. This is how much I have done after 3 or4 hours. Which is really quite a lot for me. I usually take months on end to complete something - and not always because I am neglecting it!
I had thought I would do more but my training was so riveting that I forgot all about my knitting for a day and a half.
I KNOW!
Our instructor is more a dear friend and a mentor then a guest speaker. Oh and does she have personality!!
BTW I am using Lanaknits allhemp3 in Eggplant from Kpixie. So, so, so reasonably priced and a lucious shade. Oh and did I mention the rapid shipping? Yep. Muy Rapido!

As an aside: Because I had my book with me in class many people checked it out and had comments. Quite a few took offense to the fact that the accessory with the gorgeous model is a piece of cake. "What are they saying, Big Girls are fat and just to remind you of how they got that way, here's a piece of cake?" is what my friend raved. It is the only pic of food in the whole book but it also seems to have nothing to add to the pic. I can't guess why cake, but it was an interesting barometer in our classroom.

Oh one other funny/huh? comment from a co-worker (who is not my friend! ha ha). Upon looking at the photo of the Tee says "I guess you are much better knitter than you used to be."
What the? It is not like she knits herself or something like that. I am not entirely sure what she meant but, whatever. I guess I am a better knitter than I used to be, 'cause I would like to think I am making progress!

Oooh. And did you notice the lovely beaded stitch marker? You should check out Shelby's store. She has beautiful stuff.

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 9:54 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I'm so glad you like the stitch markers! I have so much fun making them!

Posted by Blogger Shelby @ 2:03 PM #
 

i haven't seen anyone knit up this pattern yet, and it's adorable. i haven't knit with hemp -- last thing i need is another fiber to fall for.

Posted by Blogger carrie @ 9:47 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Laura Tee