Monday, June 19, 2006

Details




It was lovely in the garden this evening.
My peonies have bloomed for the first time ever.
They are 4 years old this season. I love how huge the blooms are and they are so vibrant.
The shot of the Canterbury Bells is taken from my seat at the patio table where I peek between the plum tree and the Engelman's Ivy - which is going wild this year. You can just see the first rose of the summer behind the Bells too. Sadly those roses have no fragrance. Why I ever planted an unscented rose I am not sure, but it is a prolific bloomer with flowers well into the late Fall.
All plans to grow veggies seems to have gone by the wayside. Though I do have heads of lettuce tucked away behind the Sedum - mostly slug fare! I used to scoff at gardens full of flowers and now I find I neglect my veggies terribly and baby my flowers and shrubs.
It is great to spend some time unwinding in my green space - whether the veggies are holey and nibbled to the stem or not (mostly they are!).
Oooh and I forgot - you can see one of my Lion's that stands on either side of the path between the lavender. The detail on those Lions amazes me. I ordered them from E-Bay as they were so Aslan-ish, they have a real presence in the garden though they are comparatively small.
In knitting news - My KnitPicks order came today! Lots of little gifties for my Secret Pal - such fun! And 3 new Knitting books for me.
I may highlight some of my favourite patterns here tomorrow.
For now I will dream of adding new flower beds to my yard...

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:08 PM

Read or Post a Comment

I love your garden details! Peonies are among my favourite flowers; we planted a bunch of new ones last fall and have some baby peonies (we also have a couple of nice large ones). Your lions are a nice touch in the garden; well done!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 12:50 PM #
 

oh, how i long to have a garden like yours someday. the peonies were worth the wait, no?
and congrats on the new baby in the family!

Posted by Blogger carrie @ 9:29 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Details