Friday, June 23, 2006

Bittersweet







Today was our last day of Preschool. We had a picnic at the Lake with all of our families. The weather could not have been more perfect. Everyone had the best time.
I just had to include some pics here.
This duck was right by the waterline and was not afraid of me at all - I did not use a zoom to get that picture. So tame. It did however have the good sense to try and avoid the children as you can see in one of the other pics!
Most of these children will be going to Kindergarten in the Fall so they won't be with us again after two years in the Preschool. Fortunately we will still be sort of in touch since not a few have younger siblings who will attend. But still...
One of the little boys had been away for two weeks and everyone was hoping he would make it to the picnic. You can see how happy his friends were to see him. One even jumped into his arms! Too precious. By the time the camera was ready he was starting to slide off but I did get the joy on the returning boys face!
You see those 3 boys in the Lake? One of them is only wearing a jacket! He and his 2 yr old brother were both running about in their coats and nothing else since they had gone all the way into the water in their clothing! The cheeky monkeys. It would have been the cutest picture ever - the 2 yr old was sitting at a picnic table eating a cupcake with his coat on and his little tush showing - but I thought I would allow the child some dignity.
I also finally remembered to post a pic of Kai wearing his hat. It nearly fit him perfectly. Right about next week it will be an ideal size for him. Right about when the heat is supposed to skyrocket from 14 degrees to 27! We are going to be in shock if it actually is sunny AND warm. In June? Will wonders never cease?
Also I was able to start the bathmat today. It is working up quite quickly - and that is just the kind of knit I need to be doing right now. Kira keeps tangling in my yarn so I thought I might as well include her in the bathmat pic.
Well - I think it is about time that I headed off to bed. I am already up way too late as it is.

Labels:

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 12:09 AM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Bittersweet