Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Nearly Nautie


Well - this has been an interesting project.
In my effort to use up Stash yarn I thought I would make Nautie with my favourite 100% Unknown Fibre in blue (I still have no idea where it came from!)


The thing of it is, that is damn thick fibre.

My fingertips are still tender - I was forcing with clenched teeth for the last 20 or so rows of his shell. Waiting to hear the audible 'click' when the fibre slipped between the needles so I could pull the stitch through - hilarious. The fibre actually squeaked on its way through the needles.

I decided that couldn't be good for him or me, so Nautie is about 8 stitches smaller than his original pattern - but look at the size of the guy!

I only have 2 tentacles done - I think this project is so cute. His little face has personality already - before his eyes are even formed.

I still haven't decided what to do with Nautie when he is finished. Any ideas?

On another note altogether I have been shopping up a storm for my One Skein Exchange & Secret Pal 8 Pals. It is so much fun buying to surprise other people. I love it.

If you haven't checked out the Secret Pal 8 site lately do so. There are all sorts of special sales for people taking part. The needles at Purlescence are simply stunning!

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:42 PM

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Nearly Nautie