Monday, April 24, 2006

Cabled Completion




Huzzah! The strap that felt like it would never end is finished! And really once it is sewn on it does not look all that big.
I feel like it is pretty darn good since it was my first time cabling. I think I may just use it to go to work tomorrow. I have to say that I was very, very surprised at how long it took to sew together. Such a smallish bag for about 2 hrs of sewing. I must forget about that every time I make something. I know I have put things together before but I can't remember them taking so long. Strange no?

I finally shipped my Warming Grace squares today. When it comes to procrastination I really excel. I am moved that there are over 150 knitters taking part in making this beautiful gift. We are a generous community!

A stunningly gorgeous day here today and I got a little too much sun - and that was with 40 SPF. So I am going to get to bed early (ha, ha) to dream of my next project.

I was going to cast on the Pippi Knee Stockings only to discover that we do not have a set of double pointed needles in either size called for. Then I became intimidated by the strict directions NOT TO TWIST the STITCHES! Add the 4" gauge swatch that is recommended and colour me uninterested. Seriously, 24 stitches for 36 rows! Of SWATCH! Man. That is just a LOT of work. Sounds a little ambitious for 11 pm. At least for this chicky.

So, maybe I will finish my Ravenclaw Raglan next. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Oh and I just added the pic of the squirrel 'cause he is so damn cute. He was rummaging for dropped bird seed in our planters this afternoon. Little recycler!

Oh AND Day 1 of Turn off Your TV (toyt) and I am happy to say I did not exceed my one hour daily allotment. I am figuring that since I don't watch Tues, Fri, or Sat that I can have 2 hrs on Weds, Thurs & Sunday. Reasonable don't you think? Listen to me! Rationalizing the breaking of my own rules! LOL.

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:02 PM

Read or Post a Comment

The squares look great! I have to say that I understand the procrastination deal - I have just started my sockapaloooza socks! The bag looks great too! Don't worry about those twists, you'll be fine!

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ 4:40 PM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Cabled Completion