Thursday, March 30, 2006

Froggy Went A Courtin'...


Uh-huh.

I am attempting to complete one of my UFO's from over a year ago. Generally I keep pretty good notes in margins, post-it's etc to document the changes I make to patterns. Tonight as I continue knitting the Front Right Side of my cardigan something is just not looking right to me. I measure, re-measure, eyeball. Time to rip. I rip. Re-knit 6 rows. Hmmmm. Rip. Rip some more. Measure. I hold the Left Side up to myself. Now either I am confused or it seems a little short.
I shrug and knit about 8 more rows. Time to compare sides. What the blazes? Still no match.
Pull out that measuring tape. Check the pattern 3 or 4 times, search for notes I know are not there in any of those margins. Confronted with the thought of ripping out my work AGAIN at 11 PM I reach into the knitting bag and pull out the back.
Oh dear god. The completed Left Side is shorter. 4"'s shorter.
Maybe I can frog that and just let the Right Side continue. Nope. The fully-fashioned decreases on the Right Side are not so fully-fashioned.
So here is my dilemma.
I can frog a few rows of the Right Side and make those decreases fully-fashioned and then frog the Left Side entirely.
OR: It is boucle, it is 100% Acrylic and it doesn't really even show the seed stitch pattern on the edges so I can frog the whole thing. Then I can get started on those striped knee socks I really want to make.
Yep. I think we both know what I am going to do.
If I am ever out of fresh projects that boucle could make a cozy travel blanket for my dog!

Posted by Miss Scarlett @ 11:19 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Go for the socks! Go for the socks!

BTW--thanks for the comment re: my stash. However, if you didn't get to the stash page with the Maude button on it, you didn't see "all" of it! LOL!

Acrylic makes great doggy blankets.

Posted by Blogger Andrea @ 9:50 AM #
 
<< Home

Listening

Grey's Anatomy

Buttons
(I know, I know tasteless)

Reading

The Memory Keeper's Daughter
HP and the Philosopher's Stone

Viewing


Sopranos - Season 3


Rome Season 2

Stashalong Goals Met

1. Sizzle
4. Darling
7. Mary Janes
8. Absorba
9. Felted Oregon Tote
12. Purple Roving Scarf
13. Le Slouch
14. Uniscarfity

On My Needles

Anemoi Mittens

Baby Blankie

Blanket of Many Colours

Cotillion Socks

Laura Tee

Ravenclaw House Scarf

Severus Snape Gentleman's Fancy Socks

Surprise Baby Gift

Up Next

Bathrobes x1: Seth
Seed Stitch Noro Hat: Me
Kidlet Socks: SP9

Patterns & Shops

  • Alchemic Dragon
  • Dishcloth Boutique
  • Kitty Pi
  • kpixie
  • KnitPicks
  • Knitty
  • Perchance To Knit
  • Shelby's Designs
  • Spunky Eclectic
  • stopsandstarts
  • Toe-up Jaywalkers
  • Hints & Help

  • Socks 101
  • Archives

    KnittnFool: Froggy Went A Courtin'...